We have received some questions that we feel might be commonly asked, so we are forming them into a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions). We hope this answers most of the concerns, but if you have further questions, please just leave your comments at the bottom of this post.
Question: Do I need to be in a Grady owner’s club in order to attend The Fest?
Answer: No! All Grady-White owners are invited, In fact, certain exceptions may be made for additional guests, that are future Grady-White owners, to be allowed to attend.
Question: Do I need to be local to Southwest Florida to attend?
Answer: Nope! All Grady Owners are invited, no matter where you are located in the country (or world?).
Question: Is this a closed-door instructed seminar?
Answer: No! In 2009, the first Grady Fest was a closed-door format. The Clark’s of the Tarpon Coast Grady Club did an excellent job of putting the entire program together and it takes a lot to start something of this scale. With anything though, there’s always room for improvement. One thing we are changing entirely is the atmosphere. Rather than an instructional closed-door format, we are taking this outside under tents in a more fun and carnival like setting (sorry no Ferris Wheel!). There will be informative speakers, but you are free to walk around the complex and visit the various vendor booths, Grady’s in the water, etc. You are not stuck in your seat for hours at a time!!
Question: Is this a 1-day event?
Answer: No. This is another thing we took into consideration and wanted to improve upon. For those who are distant travelers, we wanted to offer more than a “1-day and it’s over” seminar. We have turned this into a 3-day event (not 3 entire days though). The first night (friday) is a docktail party for everyone to meet up and have some fun. Of course we know Saturday to be the main event, but it won’t just end promptly at 5. Saturday evening will turn into a fun night out with musical entertainment, and more. Sunday, we are planning on allowing individuals to test ride some Grady’s and having a simultaneous beach party across the street.
Question: Why should I go?
Answer: Many reasons –
1. For the pride of being a Grady Owner and supporting a great festival for everyone in this camp. A great atmosphere of fellow owners where no matter what, everyone has at least one thing in common!
2. It’s for a charity. Proceeds will not be taken by any company or person, but rather donated to NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness). We expect to have commemorative hat sales and silent auctions that will also have proceeds donated to charity.
3. Beautiful weather in Southwest Florida! If you have not yet been in this area, it’s worth a trip.
4. Great boating and fishing. If you venture here on your boat or meet someone who is going out fishing, there’s some great fun to be had on the waters here.
5. Informative seminars on marine electronics, fishing, cooking seafood, Yamaha maintenance, and boating safety.
6. Grady-White Factory Representatives.
7. Many new Grady-White boats in the water for demonstration.
8. Good times and great fellowship!
We hope this answers many questions you all may have and by all means, drop us a comment!